ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- EXCITE YOUR TASTE: Just when you feel the time is right to uplift traditional Rice, Couscous and Quinoa dishes with something new, you may want to embark on a culinary adventure with bulghur; a quick-cooking, nutty-flavored, whole grain food that cooks in about the time it takes you to order fast food. Only difference – you get a good mix of nutrition, taste and convenience in one place
- NUTRITION PACKED: One of the oldest good-for-you nutritious super food that is a potent package of dietary fiber, vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals & antioxidants, which is why they are often included in many healing diets, like the Mediterranean diet. Great source of plant-based protein with a high dose of fiber that ferments in the gut to produce short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) which not only improve immunity and nutrient absorption but also helps balance pH of the body
- GOLDEN GRAIN GOODNESS: Our burghul contains nothing artificial, no cholesterol, has a lower-glycemic index, and is naturally non-GMO (…as are other whole wheat derived grains). Bulgar is sometimes referred to as the “Middle Eastern pasta” for its versatility as a base for some hot breakfast cereals, all sorts of side dishes for lunch or dinner, pilafs and salads such as Tabbouleh (also spelled as Tabouli or Tabouleh) to name just a few
- HIGH YIELD AND RESILIENT: Make 2.5x – 3x more food with just 2lbs of Zaiqa Bulgur Wheat; an excellent choice for difficult times, off-grid living & disaster stricken regions. Know the difference between Cracked Wheat & Bulgur Wheat before storing for a longer period. Cracked wheat is raw & uncooked whereas wheat kernels that are cleaned, boiled, dried, ground by a mill & then sorted by size, are called bulgur – which cooks faster & stores better. Most retail stores sell Bulgur, not Cracked Wheat
- MINIMALISTIC APPROACH: Simple, yet secure packaging. Allows for storage at home in an airtight glass or canning jar
MEASURES AND EQUIVALENTS
Dry Bulgur Wheat Equivalent
1 cup 2.5 cups cooked
1 pound 2.3 cups dry bulgur
1 pound 14 servings or 7 cups cooked
BASIC COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Combine 1 cup of bulghur and 2 cups of water in a pot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook until tender, or for between 11 – 13 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid and separate bulghur with a fork.
BASIC STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Raw Dry Form: Store in a cool, dry place to preserve freshness.
Cooked Form: Up to 7 days in the refrigerator. Up to 1 year in the freezer, possibly more
Please visit our recipe page for FRESH HERB & LEMON BULGUR PILAF recipe and more
There are no reviews yet.