ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- FALL IN LOVE: Discover just the right combination of factors loved by professional chefs and home cooks alike. Being artisan sorted & cleaned means you save precious prep time, all bean dishes that require the bean to stay whole turn out looking good because the Garbanzo cooks evenly to a fabulous mild nutty taste, and dishes that require blending or mashing the Chickpeas turn out creamy in texture – a quality that is most preferred in making outstanding Hummus dips and snacks
- NUTRITION PACKED: One of the oldest good-for-you nutritious super food that is a potent package of protein, vitamins & minerals, which is why they are often included in many healing diets, including the Ayurvedic & the Mediterranean diets. These Garbanzo Beans contain nothing artificial, No cholesterol, have a low-glycemic index, are sourced completely raw and at the peak of their nutrition lifecycle. Did we mention that our beans sprout for easy digestion and maximum health nutrient absorption?
- VERSATILE VEGAN POWERHOUSE: Great source of plant-based protein with an alkalizing effect. This not only nourishes but also helps balance pH of the body. Soak it and roast it to make healthy crunchy & crispy roasted chickpea snack, or just pressure cook it to make delicious Indian curry dishes like Chana Masala. This is an ideal choice for an all-around good gluten-free vegan baking ingredient
- HIGH YIELD AND RESILIENT: Make 2.5x more food with just 2lbs of dried Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans or Ceci Beans, excellent choice for difficult times, off-grid living and disaster stricken regions
- MINIMALISTIC APPROACH: Simple, yet secure packaging. Allows for storage at home in a glass or canning jars
BASIC PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
Use 1:4 ratio rule. 1 cup Chickpeas to 4 cups of water
Soak beans overnight or a minimum of 4 – 5 hours. Drain & rinse. This will increase yield up to 2.5x for every 1 cup of Chickpeas. Bring to a boil with 4 cups of water; simmer on low heat for about 2 hours. Alternatively, you can pressure cook it for 12-15 minutes.
BASIC STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Raw Dry Form: Almost indefinite, but will lose moisture after 2 years in the pantry. Just soak & cook longer.
Cooked Form: Up to 14 days in the refrigerator. Up to 1 year in the freezer, possibly more.
4 cups Zaiqa Chickpeas cooked (i.e. boiled)
1 cup Tahini
2 pcs Freshly squeezed Lemons, add more to taste
4 cloves Garlic, 1:1 ratio with cups of chickpeas
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Salt
Garnish: 1 tbsp Paprika
Add Chickpeas, Tahini, Squeezed Lemons and Garlic together in a blender. While blending, drizzle Ex Virgin Olive Oil, making the mixture creamy. Add Salt & Mix. Add 1 tsp water for desired consistency. Pour into serving dish, smoothen with a spoon.
Garnish with Paprika and serve. Simple and Delicious!
1 cup Zaiqa Chickpeas
Add the dry Chickpeas to a powerful blender, blend until ground fine, as much as possible. Using a fine mesh sieve, sift flour into bowl. Blend the course pieces again and sift. Repeat as needed. Store in an airtight container for longer shelf life.
There are no reviews yet.