ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- FALL IN LOVE: Discover just the right combination of factors loved by professional chefs and home cooks alike. Being artisan sorted & cleaned means you save precious prep time, all bean dishes that require the bean to stay whole turn out looking good because the Garbanzo cooks evenly to a fabulous mild nutty taste, and dishes that require blending or mashing the Chickpeas turn out creamy in texture – a quality that is most preferred in making outstanding Hummus dips and snacks
- NUTRITION PACKED: One of the oldest good-for-you nutritious super food that is a potent package of protein, vitamins & minerals, which is why they are often included in many healing diets, including the Ayurvedic & the Mediterranean diets. These Garbanzo Beans contain nothing artificial, No cholesterol, have a low-glycemic index, are sourced completely raw and at the peak of their nutrition lifecycle. Did we mention that our beans sprout for easy digestion and maximum health nutrient absorption?
- VERSATILE VEGAN POWERHOUSE: Great source of plant-based protein with an alkalizing effect. This not only nourishes but also helps balance pH of the body. Soak it and roast it to make healthy crunchy & crispy roasted chickpea snack, or just pressure cook it to make delicious Indian curry dishes like Chana Masala. This is an ideal choice for an all-around good gluten-free vegan baking ingredient
- HIGH YIELD AND RESILIENT: Make 2.5x more food with just 2lbs of dried Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans or Ceci Beans, excellent choice for difficult times, off-grid living and disaster stricken regions
- MINIMALISTIC APPROACH: Simple, yet secure packaging. Allows for storage at home in a glass or canning jars
BASIC PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
Use 1:4 ratio rule. 1 cup Chickpeas to 4 cups of water
Soak beans overnight or a minimum of 4 – 5 hours. Drain & rinse. This will increase yield up to 2.5x for every 1 cup of Chickpeas. Bring to a boil with 4 cups of water; simmer on low heat for about 2 hours. Alternatively, you can pressure cook it for 12-15 minutes.
BASIC STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Raw Dry Form: Almost indefinite, but will lose moisture after 2 years in the pantry. Just soak & cook longer.
Cooked Form: Up to 14 days in the refrigerator. Up to 1 year in the freezer, possibly more.
4 cups Zaiqa Chickpeas cooked (i.e. boiled)
1 cup Tahini
2 pcs Freshly squeezed Lemons, add more to taste
4 cloves Garlic, 1:1 ratio with cups of chickpeas
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Salt
Garnish: 1 tbsp Paprika
Add Chickpeas, Tahini, Squeezed Lemons and Garlic together in a blender. While blending, drizzle Ex Virgin Olive Oil, making the mixture creamy. Add Salt & Mix. Add 1 tsp water for desired consistency. Pour into serving dish, smoothen with a spoon.
Garnish with Paprika and serve. Simple and Delicious!
1 cup Zaiqa Chickpeas
Add the dry Chickpeas to a powerful blender, blend until ground fine, as much as possible. Using a fine mesh sieve, sift flour into bowl. Blend the course pieces again and sift. Repeat as needed. Store in an airtight container for longer shelf life.